The American Council of Engineering Companies of Rhode Island (ACEC of Rhode Island) is a Member Organization of the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC). ACEC of RI's purpose is stated in our bylaws as follows:
- To promote the art and science of engineering; advance the interests of Consulting Engineers; improve the business conditions of Consulting Engineers; enhance the responsiveness of governmental agencies and officials with whom such Consulting Engineers deal;
- To educate those engaged in business as Consulting Engineers on matters affecting the operation of their businesses;
- To act as a medium for the expression of the views of its members on matters affecting those engaged in business as Consulting Engineers;
- To accomplish fair and intelligent legislation relating to the profession of engineering and the business of Consulting Engineering;
- To distribute to the public and to the members of the Association accurate and reliable information on matters affecting Consulting Engineers.
All actions taken by the Board of Directors are guided by the above principles.